UPDATE: Our club and facilities are taking the health and safety of our athletes seriously. Please note the actions below are a sample of the full efforts we are taking to operate our facilities safely. With restrictions in place, we will continue training, but it will be in a limited capacity to ensure proper social distancing guidelines for all the athletes.
For more information and resources, please visit our COVID-19 page.
- Face coverings required for everyone in the facilities; not required during physical activity.
- No spectators allowed in the facilities; restrooms are available for those wearing face coverings.
- Hand sanitize or wash hands before entering the facilities.
- Bring your own water bottle; drinking fountains closed, except for water bottle fountain.
- No access to showers; bring towels and sand socks.
- No physical contact & players (off the court) must practice physical distancing.
- Must sign-up for each individual practice session to ensure small group training; link included in registration confirmation email.
AJV Sand trains year round and we are excited to offer south practices during the summer, fall, and spring seasons! Our main 13 week program runs in the summer, we offer a 10 week program in the fall, a 6 week program in the winter, and a 10 week club training program in the spring. Athletes can train once or twice a week (Spring- four and Summer-6 times a week,) while competing in a variety of tournaments locally and around Texas. Tryouts/Evaluations occur for the Summer Club Program, but not for Fall, Winter, or Spring Programs. You do not need a partner, but can tryout or sign up with one.
Training will be offered North in Cedar Park (ASC Sand Complex), in Buda (CTX Fieldhouse), and South (Aussies Beach Grill) for summer, fall, and spring to accommodate every athlete. We welcome all male and female athletes, as well as all AJV indoor and non AJV athletes to compete with AJV Sand. Emphasis on individual and team ball control, as well as strength and conditioning will be included.
Training will be led by AVP and FIVB beach professional Ashley Ivy. Ashley began her career at Stanford University where she won a NCAA national championship. After much success at the indoor level she transitioned to the beach to find herself competing on the USA Beach National Team. We are excited for her to be running the sand program at Austin Juniors as sand continues to grow as a NCAA scholarship sport.
Sand Tournaments: (USAV Members Ages 10-18)
Fall Sand Club Training: August 31st- November 16th (USAV Members Ages 10-18)
Fall Sand Level I Training: September 29th- November 5th (Ages 6-12)
Thanksgiving Sand Clinics: November 23rd- 24th (Ages 10-18)
December Sand Club Training: December 1st- 17th (Ages 11-18)
Winter Sand Club Training: January 19th- March 11th (USAV Members Ages 11-18)
Winter Sand Level I Training: February 2nd- March 11th (Ages 6-12)
Spring Break Sand Clinics: March 15th- 17th (Ages 10- 18)
Spring Sand Club Training: March 22nd- May 28th (USAV Members 10- 18)
Spring Sand Level I Training: March- May (Ages 6-12)
Summer Sand Club Training: June 1st- August 20th (USAV Members Ages 10-18)
Summer Sand Level I Training: June- July (Ages 6-12)
Looking for a partner for tournaments? Sign up on the sub list today! https://austinsportscenter.bracketpal.com/subs
Age Definitions for the 2020- 2021 Season:
- 18U Born on or after Sept 1, 2002
- 16U Born on or after Sept 1, 2004
- 14U Born on or after Sept 1, 2006
- 12U Born on or after Sept 1, 2008
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.