AT-Home Resources for AJV Athletes!
We've compiled a list of resources for our athletes to access while they're stuck at home. Here you'll find recorded workouts, at-home drills, and other helpful links to help our athletes STAY READY! This page is password protected. (Hint: use the password from our Zoom workouts! Find it in your email.)
Dear AJV Families:
We thank you all so much for your patience as we navigate through this Coronavirus crisis. We are doing our best to ensure the safety and welfare of our athletes, families, and staff. This is a fluid situation that we are monitoring and discussing hourly. We are committed to keeping our AJV family informed, so this page will be updated frequently with details and answers as we have them.
We are excited to have had some of our teams successfully return to training this month! AJV has rolled out a three phase program to safely train our athletes at our facilities with AJV staff. The Austin Sports Centers are now open (at limited capacity) for private lessons as well.
LAST UPDATE: 5/18 at 2:30 PM CST
Our club and facilities staff is taking the health and safety of our athletes seriously. Please note that the actions in this document are a sample of the full efforts we are taking to operate our facilities safely. This will be updated as more information about the virus becomes available.
This date varies by team and has been communicated by AJV staff through email. Obviously, this is subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances.
We have several camps & clinics coming up in Summer 2020 that are now open for registration. AJV Summer Sand club is also registering now and begins June 1. Sand volleyball has proven to be a great way to increase an individual's skill level, and it is an incredibly safe way to continue to train under COVID-19 protocol.
We are constantly adding new training opportunities for our athletes, so stay tuned for more!
You can also visit our At-Home Resources page for recorded workouts and more ideas on what to do to stay active at home! This is password protected and for AJV athletes ONLY. Use the same password you use to login to our Zoom workouts. You can find it in your email.
- CLUB PLAYER DUES: Unfortunately, there will be a financial impact as a result of COVID-19, and our goal is to mitigate the impact between the club, staff, coaches and families. AJV has decided to push all payment due dates out to June 10, 2020. We will reassess the new due date as it approaches and will update you as we know more.
- HOTELS: Housing for Lone Star has been canceled by EM2 housing. You should have received a cancellation email from them. If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-603-0917 between 8am-5pm CST.
- CAMP/CLINIC/PROGRAM REGISTRATION: We will offer credits for future camps and clinics for programs that were entirely canceled.
- FLIGHTS: We cannot offer credit or compensation for canceled flights.
Yes! As of today, our summer camps have been unaffected by any city or USAV ordinances. You can view our summer camp and clinic listings on our Camps page.
As of now, all national qualifiers and local tournaments have been canceled.
We have decided that unfortunately we will be unable to hold the annual AJV banquet this year.
USA Volleyball has not yet announced any new policies related to bids.
COVID-19 Protocol for Athletes
- Daily Self-Check.
- Athletes (clients) participating at ASC Facility practices, training or other events, will acknowledge and agree to by action of their entry into the facility the waiver found at the end of this document. This includes a self-check of the signs and symptoms of COVID-19.
- Temperature will be taken with infrared thermometer upon arrival. Denial of entrance if temperature is 100.4 or above.
- Physical Distancing when not training (water breaks).
- Personal Protective Equipment, such as masks, are optional for athletes.
- Hand washing upon entry to the facility is required.