Our site is optimized for today's modern browsers. To fully benefit from our site's features, please download the latest version of either:
AJV Tryouts: Come Join Austin Junior Volleyball!
2014-15 Tryout Important Info
Tryout registration for the 2014-15 Austin Junior Volleyball season will open on April 8th. You must first log in to register. If you do not have an account, you must create one. (There are no refunds once registered)
We will have a free Open House on the dates below. This is an opportunity for parents who have questions to come ask the staff in person, get to know our staff, and see our facilities. Athletes will be able to participate in an open gym and drills during this time.
|15s to 18s||Cedar Park||July 13||1-3 PM|
|10s to 14s||Cedar Park||July 13||4-6 PM|
|10s to 14s||South||Aug 10||1-3 PM|
Club fees and more information will be posted at the beginning of July. Please refrain from calling the office about next season fees.
|Age Group||Location||Tryout Dates
|18s||Cedar Park||July 24||5 PM to 9 PM|
|South||July 26||9 AM to 12 PM|
|17s||Cedar Park||July 24||5 PM to 9 PM|
|South||July 26||4 PM to 7 PM|
|16s||Cedar Park||July 20||4 PM to 8 PM|
|South||July 23||5 PM to 9 PM|
|15s||Cedar Park||July 20||9 AM to 1 PM|
|South||July 22||5 PM to 9 PM|
|14s||Cedar Park||Aug 12||5 PM to 9 PM|
|South||Aug 16||9 AM to 1 PM|
|13s||Cedar Park||Aug 13||5 PM to 9 PM|
|South||Aug 16||4 PM to 8 PM|
|12s||Cedar Park||Aug 14||5 PM to 9 PM|
|South||Aug 17||9 AM to 1 PM|
|11s/10s||Cedar Park||Aug 15||5 PM to 8 PM|
|South||Aug 17||4 PM to 7 PM|
10 & Unders Trying out
If you are a 10 and under, you must register in the 11 & under age group tryouts.
Age Classification for the 2014-2015 Season:
- 10 & UNDERS: If born Sept. - Dec. 2004, Jan. - Aug. 2005 or after
- 11 & UNDERS: If born Sept. - Dec. 2003, Jan. - Aug. 2004
- 12 & UNDERS: If born Sept. - Dec. 2002, Jan. - Aug. 2003
- 13 & UNDERS: If born Sept. - Dec. 2001, Jan. - Aug. 2002
- 14 & UNDERS: If born Sept. - Dec. 2000, Jan. - Aug. 2001
- 15 & UNDERS: If born Sept. - Dec. 1999, Jan. - Aug. 2000
- 16 & UNDERS: If born Sept. - Dec. 1998, Jan. - Aug. 1999
- 17 & UNDERS: If born Sept. - Dec. 1997, Jan. - Aug. 1998
- 18 & UNDERS: If born Sept. - Dec. 1996, Jan. - Aug. 1997
Click here to register for the tryouts...
Here is the range of the fees for the upcoming season (2014-2015)
|Type of Teams||Cost||Season Ends||SAQ Included||Hotels Included|
|18 Miz, Navy, Cedar Park||$3600-$3800||Regionals||Yes||No|
|15s-17s Miz,Navy, CP||$3995-$4195||National/ AAU||Yes||No|
|14 Mizuno||$3995-$4195||National/ AAU||Yes||No|
|14 Navy, Cedar Park||$3595-$3895||Regionals||Yes||No|
|14s-17s Red, Toro, Grande, White||$2895-$3295||Regionals||No||No|
|13 Mizuno||$3500-$3895||National/ AAU||Yes||No|
|13 Navy, Cedar Park||$2700-$3095||Regionals||No||No|
|13 Red, Toro, Grande, White||$2295-$2595||LSC||No||No|
|12 Mizuno||$2495-$2995||National/ AAU||Yes||No|
|12 Navy, Cedar Park||$1795-$1995||Regionals||No||No|
|12 Red, Toro||$1495-$1695||LSC||No||No|
|10s-11s Navy, Cedar Park||$1495-$1695||LSC (changed 7/22)||No||No|
Tentative Coaching Staff for 2014-2015 Season (subject to change)
|Ashley Atkinson||Adler Augustin||Brandi Holsonback||Lori Giron||Glen Lietzke|
|Mari Lopez||Sarah Silvernail||Blake Vizzone|
|Amy Farber Knowles||Antonio Gentile||Ashlee Hilbun||Elizabeth Quanaim||Blake Peters|
|Urissa Stephens||Ted Wade||Kara Wallinger|
|Nichole Allison||Beck Breetz||Jonathan Clayton||Gabby Dollinger||Hailey Eckerman|
|Lauren Erler||Jay Ferguson||Michael Garcia||Katie Kabbes||Lindy Luleff|
|Dustin Miller||Jose Ortiz||Stephanie Robinett||Michael Schuetz||Sarah Weiland|
|Lauren Bohling||Mark Bohling||Shalanda Byers||Matthew Cisneros||Katie Diana|
|Dave Fionda||Kristen Lee||Kathy Lietzke||Jessica O'Shoney||Thomas Ramirez|
|Michaela Settlemeyer||Lindsey Smith||Tim Taliaferro||Starla Vargas||Amber Wise|
WHY AUSTIN JUNIOR VOLLEYBALL IS THE BEST!
- As successful as our club does nationally, regionally, and locally, our rates are competitive and sometimes significantly cheaper when compared to other clubs in the city and state.
- Unlike most clubs in the area, Austin Junior Volleyball is a 501c3 non profit organization.
- Our 15s-18s travel teams and 14 Mizuno train 33% more than all the local clubs' travel teams with our fees being competitive or cheaper than the other clubs.
- This year our 15s- 18s travel teams and 14 Mizuno will go to a 3rd qualifier with a minimal raise in fees for the season.
- Our full time staff are here to help with any issues or questions you may have. We also have 2 full time recruiting staff available to help year round.
- State of the art facilities and equipment. We have the best around.
Specific information regarding AJV tryouts:
All divisions of tryouts will be conducted at both of our locations. The first session for each division will be at the Cedar Park location and all second sessions will be concluded at the South location.
Even if you only want to participate on a team for a specific location, it is a requirement to attend both sessions. In other words, you must tryout at the Cedar Park location as well as the South location, regardless of team preference. Please email Mike Garcia, if you have a schedule conflict. firstname.lastname@example.org
Types of Teams
Austin Juniors is prepared to run 30-50 teams, with two to three teams in the older age groups and as many as seven teams in each of the 11s-14s age groups, depending on the participation numbers at tryouts. We are prepared to run at least two North team in every age group (12s-18s) and more in some age groups. AJV will make every attempt to accommodate as many athletes as possible.
Teams are generally composed of between 9-12 athletes. All teams will practice at least twice a week (a total of 4 hours). 15-18 Mizuno, Navy, and Cedar Park teams will practice three times a week through Spring Break. Practice will be at the Austin Sports Center- South and Austin Sports Center- Cedar Park. Practice times range from 12pm-9:30pm on Sundays and from 5:30pm-9:30pm Mondays through Thursdays. Austin Junior Volleyball members will continue to have access to the Austin Sports Center when available.
AJV has been providing opportunities to athletes in Central Texas for over 25 years and has a tradition of training excellence.