Our site is optimized for today's modern browsers. To fully benefit from our site's features, please download the latest version of either:
AJV Boys Tryouts: Come Join Austin Junior Volleyball!
2014-15 Tryout Information
AJV is excited to announce the dates for the 2014-15 Boys teams. Athletes must attend at least one of the tryout dates:
- October 12th, 2014 (6pm-9pm) Location: ASC South
- November 2nd, 2014 (6pm-9pm) Location: ASC Cedar Park
On-line Registration is OPEN NOW!
Austin Jr Volleyball has two location where teams train. There will be one tryout date at each location. Athletes need to attend at least one date to be placed on a team. However, attendance at both dates is encouraged. Click on links for addresses and maps:
AJV Boys will make every attempt to accommodate as many athletes on as many teams as possible to continue growing the sport of boys' volleyball in the great state of Texas.
Teams are generally composed of between 8-11 athletes grouped in the same age division. Depending on ability, athletes may be selected to play in older age divisions. Our teams practice twice a week in 2 hour practices. Practice start times range from 11:30am-7:30pm on Sundays and from 5:30pm-9:30pm Mondays through Thursdays. Our teams compete in local events, tournaments across Texas, and also national volleyball tournaments against other boys' volleyball clubs.
Following the completion of the tryouts (Oct 12 and Nov 2), teams will be announced by e-mail the week of Nov 3rd. An organizational meeting will take place in November (TBA) where athletes and parents will fill out paper work, size for uniforms, USAV registration and any other administrative needs. Practice starts Nov 30th and end after the final tournament, the Lone Star Classic on April 18 & 19. Teams will have the option to continue to train through the summer at an additional cost.
Practices (Days and Locations)
Practices start the week of Nov 30th and end after the Lone Star Classic on April 18 & 19. There are breaks in the practice schedule for Christmas and Spring break and a few other school holiday. A complete practice schedule will be provided at the organizational meeting in November.
Teams will practice 2 times a week. One night will be Sunday (Time TBA), the 2nd night will be based on player and gym availiability (likely Tue or Thur). Practices are 2 hours long.
Location (South facility or CP facility) will be based on the make up of the team. Athletes will be asked during tryouts which facility they are able to get to for practices (South, CP or either) and a best effort will be made to place practices that are most convient. However, we cannot guarentee that teams will practice in the location closest to you.
Competitions for the teams are mostly 1 day tournaments. Teams will typically start at 8am on a Saturday, play 3 to 5 matches verses different teams over a 6 to 8 hour period. The Lone Star Classic is a 2 day tournament in Dallas with 5 to 7 matches over two days. The complete tournament schedules for the 2015 Boys Junior season has not be posted yet. Here is a (very) rough schedule.
- Jan 10 (UPDATED!!) - AJV Boys New Year's Classic - Austin, Texas
- Jan 24 - HVA Spring Classic - Houston, Texas
- Feb ?? - Tejas Boys Tournament - Dallas, Texas
- Mar 7 (UPDATED!!!) - AJV Boys Tournament - Austin, Texas
- April 18 & 19 - Mizuno Lone Star Classic - Dallas, Texas
Player dues will be broken out in to the inital deposit, then monthly payments. The initial deposit is due at the organizational meeting in November, then the monthly payments begin Jan 1. Here are the costs per team:
- Aus Jrs 18 Mizuno: $1600 (Deposit= $400, then 4 monthly payments of $300)
- Aus Jrs 16 Mizuno: $1200 (Deposit= $400, then 4 monthly payments of $200)
- Aus Jrs 15 Mizuno: $1200 (Deposit= $400, then 4 monthly payments of $200)
- Aus Jrs 14 Mizuno: $1200 (Deposit= $400, then 4 monthly payments of $200)
- Aus Jrs 12 Mizuno: $900 (Deposit= $400, then 2 monthly payments of $250)
Boys Open Gym Dates
AJV has four dates of open gym play, free to the public. Come learn about the AJV Boys program and our tryout process, meet the directors and coaches, and hit the courts! On each date there will be a short meeting for parents and players to ask questions. Boys in grades 4th to 12th with all experience levels are invited, from "never played before" to multiple years of club ball.
Open Gym Dates:
- September 14th, 2014 (7pm-9pm) ASC South
- September 21st, 2014 (6pm-8pm) ASC Cedar Park (Different time than originally posted)
- October 5th, 2014 (5pm-7pm) ASC South (Different time than originally posted)
- October 26th, 2014 (5pm-7pm) ASC South (Different time than originally posted)
If you have any questions about tryouts for our club, please contact AJV Boys Program Manager, Ted Wade, at: firstname.lastname@example.org